WHAT ARE DENTAL BONDING?
Dental bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-colored resin material is applied and hardened with a special light, which ultimately "bonds" the material to the tooth to restore or improve your smile.
WHY DO I NEED DENTAL BONDING?
- To repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth's root that has been exposed when gums recede
The lifespan of bonding materials for the teeth depends on how much bonding was done and your oral habits. Typically, however, bonding material lasts from three years up to about 10 years before needing to be touched up or replaced.