WHY DO I NEED DENTAL BONDING?
- To repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root exposed when gums recede.
The lifespan of bonding materials for the teeth depends on how much bonding was done and your oral habits. Typically, however, bonding material lasts from three years up to about ten years before needing to be touched up or replaced.